- Young Adult
The NextGen Coders Network (NGCN) is a virtual exchange implemented by World Learning that brings together university students and young professionals to create solutions to their countries’ greatest challenges using code.
The exchange is structured as a 10-week “Hackathon” that includes instruction on cross-cultural collaboration, introduction to coding languages, and facilitated project design. Teams are multi-disciplinary and transnational, with each member bringing unique perspective and expertise on critical fields such as healthcare, civic engagement, and the environment. At the end of each NGCN cycle, teams demo their prototype solutions at Solutions Showcase. Learn more.
- Number of Participants: 750
- Participant Age Group: University/Young Adult
- Partners in the United States: Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI), Purdue University
- Partners in the Middle East and North Africa: Iraq – Speak Now English Center, Volunteer with Us, BiteTech; Palestinian Territories – Partners for Sustainable Development, Palestine Polytechnic University, Save Youth Future Society
- Project Duration: April 2019 to September 2021