Soliya’s Connect Program connects post-secondary students from vastly diverse backgrounds in the United States and the Middle East and North Africa in face-to-face, curriculum-driven, semester-long dialogue proven to foster understanding and build critical skills.
Soliya will increase and diversify its community of young people who have built the skills, relationships, and confidence necessary to engage constructively across cultures. Soliya will engage over 3,000 students in the program, train 500 professional virtual exchange facilitators, expand participation in virtual exchange through targeted outreach, execute a robust impact measurement plan, revamp its website to support exchange and engagement, and construct innovative models to broaden understanding of best practices in the virtual exchange field.
- Number of Participants: 3,729
- Participant Age Group: University/Young Adult
- Partners in the Middle East and North Africa: Duhok University, Domiz Refugee Camp, Al-Hussein Bin Talal University, Al-Qantara Centre for Human Resources Development, Al-Tafila Technical University, Care International, Hashemite University, Jordan University for Science and Technology, I-Learn Jordan, Irbid Host Community Youth, Yarmouk University, American University of Kuwait, Lebanese International University, Lebanese American University, Al-Asmariya University, Sawa Foundation, University of Misrata, Sebha University, University of Tripoli, Zawia University, Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane, American Language Center Agadir, American Language Center Casablanca, American Language Center El Jadida, American Language Center Kenitra, American Language Center in Marrakech, American Language Center Oujda, American Language Center Rabat, American Language Center in Tangier, American Language Center Tetouan, University Hassan II, Institut Superieur des Arts et Metiers, Kairouan, Faculte des Sciences Economiques, Juridiques et Sociales Jendouba, Institut Superieur des Etudes Appliquees en Humanites du Kef, Institut Superieur des Etudes, Appliquees en Humanites du Gafsa, Faculte des Sciences et Techniques de Sidi Bouzid, Faculte des Lettres et des Sciences Humaines Kairouan, American University of Sharjah, Zayed University
- Partners in the United States: MIT Saxelab Social Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory, American Islamic College, American University, Bluefield State University, Bowie State University, Brandeis University, College of Charleston, DePaul University, Endicott College, Georgetown University, Georgia College and State University, Grinnell College, Indiana University, Iona College, Jamestown Community College, Kansas State University, Kennesaw State University, Marymount University, Mid-Michigan Community College, Moraine Valley Community College, Northwestern Michigan College, Queens College, Queens University of Charlotte, Rollins College, Salisbury University, San Jose City College, Savannah State College, Seton Hall University, St. Louis Community College, State University of New York Potsdam, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, Tennessee State University College of Business, University of Maine at Machias, University of Maryland, University of Massachusetts Boston, University of Northern Colorado, University of St. Thomas, University of Texas San Antonio, Virginia Union University, Western Kentucky University
- Project Duration: 24 Months (January 2016 – December 2017)