The project provides opportunities for high school/secondary school girls from Arizona and Egypt to learn about working with each other through virtual, collaborative, problem-based learning (PBL) in science.
Moving beyond science content and abilities, the project fosters attitudes and abilities for global STEM leadership in a new approach called Leadership through PBL (LtPBL). Grant leadership and teachers collaborate virtually and face-to-face to design and improve the experiences.
- Number of Participants: 200
- Participant Age Group: High School/Grades 9-12
- Partners in the United States: Xavier College Preparatory
- Partners in the Middle East and North Africa: Al-Farouk Islamic School (Tentative)
- Project Duration: 18 Months (July 2017 – December 2018)