Successful, proven models of virtual exchange are integrated into the institutions by linking classrooms in different countries and cultural settings. This second cohort of 50 Faculty Scholars selected from 15 participating universities will adopt and implement virtual exchange using the Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) model. Leadership Teams will coordinate and champion sustained virtual exchange implementation on their campuses and will support educators as they integrate virtual exchange into their classrooms. Learn more about Stevens Initiative Connected Classrooms here.
- Number of Participants: 1,500
- Participant Age Group: Undergraduate
- Partners in the United States: Georgia – Agnes Scott College (ASC); Maryland – Goucher College, Morgan State University; Oregon – Portland State University (PSU); New Mexico – University of New Mexico (UNM); Washington – Green River College (GRC)
- Partners in the Middle East and North Africa: Morocco – Mohamed First University, Mohammed VI Polytechnic University (UM6P), Mohammed VI University for Health Sciences (UM6SS), National School of Business and Management in Dakhla, Ibn Zohr University, Sidi Mohammed Ben Abdellah University, Sultan Moulay Slimane University (USMS); United Arab Emirates – Ajman University, American University in Dubai (AUD), Zayed University (ZU)
- Project Duration: June 2021 to June 2023