Through project-based learning, one group of participants collaborates to create an ASL – Palestinian sign language video dictionary. The second program expands education curriculum for students with special needs. Both virtual exchange projects increase students’ intercultural perspective.
- Number of Participants: 228
- Participant Age Group: Middle School/Grades 6-8, High School/Grades 9-12, and Undergraduate/Young Adult
- Partners in the United States: Muscatine Community School District, MBAEA (Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency), Muscatine Community College, Santa Fe College
- Partners in the Middle East and North Africa: Arab Evangelical Episcopal School, Munib R. Masri Development Foundation, Ramallah Lutherans School, Ramallah Principality, St. Joseph School, The Deaf School- Palestine
- Project Duration: 17 Months (August 2017 – December 2018)