The Special Education and Virtual Learning in the U.S. and Palestine (SEVLUP) program implements two programs between youth who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, or require special needs education.
Through project-based learning, one group of participants collaborates to create an ASL – Palestinian sign language video dictionary. The second program expands education curriculum for students with special needs. Both virtual exchange projects increase students’ intercultural perspective.
- Number of Participants: 228
- Participant Age Group: Middle School/Grades 6-8, High School/Grades 9-12, and Undergraduate/Young Adult
- Partners in the United States: Muscatine Community School District, MBAEA (Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency), Muscatine Community College, Santa Fe College
- Partners in the Middle East and North Africa: Arab Evangelical Episcopal School, Munib R. Masri Development Foundation, Ramallah Lutherans School, Ramallah Principality, St. Joseph School, The Deaf School- Palestine
- Project Duration: 17 Months (August 2017 – December 2018)