RFP Issue Date: April 19, 2021
- Proposal Submission Deadline: June 4, 2021
- Notification of Acceptance: Week of June 28, or July 5, 2021
- Contract Start Date: September 1, 2021
Proposals must be submitted to email@example.com by 5pm U.S. Eastern Time on June 4, 2021.
All required application components must be complete for a proposal to be considered.
Stevens Initiative Background
The Stevens Initiative is an international effort to build global competence and career readiness skills for young people in the United States and the Middle East and North Africa by growing and enhancing the field of virtual exchange. Created in 2015 as a lasting tribute to Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, the Initiative is committed to helping to expand the virtual exchange field through three pillars of work: investing in promising programs, sharing knowledge and resources, and advocating for virtual exchange adoption. The Stevens Initiative has awarded 83 grants and, by summer 2023, will expand its reach to nearly 75,000 young people in 17 MENA countries and the Palestinian Territories, and in 47 U.S. states, Puerto Rico, one tribal community, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Washington, D.C.
More information about the Stevens Initiative can be found here: www.stevensinitiative.org
The Stevens Initiative seeks a web host to support and maintain the existing Stevens Initiative website while providing thought partnership to optimize website accessibility and engagement. The applicant should be a team or organization with the infrastructure and expertise required of this scope of work. Proposals should plan for an annual contract with dedicated monthly tasks and support hours, and should include a scope of work that addresses the below needs:
- WordPress Security Updates: Provide proactive website maintenance by ensuring that security updates and patches for the WordPress core and plug-ins are applied monthly. Carefully review all of the available updates, apply security-related updates, and apply any other updates that will improve the functionality of the website. Monthly maintenance and security patching should include.
- WordPress Retainer Website Support and Maintenance: Provide the Stevens Initiative with technical support for minor modifications, improvements, bug fixes to the site, check-in calls and project management.
- SEO Support: Improvement of or support for on-page SEO and identifying strategies to improve rankings.
- Analytics: Occasional support with accessing and understanding Google Analytics and Yoast.
Proposal Process and Selection Criteria
- Proposals will be accepted until 5:00pm U.S. Eastern Time on June 4, 2021. Questions can be directed to Haili Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notification of Acceptance: All applicants will be notified by July 9, 2021 about the status of their proposal. A few applicants may be asked to an interview to discuss their proposal. When writing the proposal timeline, applicants should be cognizant that there will be a period between proposal submission and the start of the proposed work for this interview, negotiations, and contracting.
Proposal Submission Requirements
Interested applicants should submit a proposal through email to email@example.com with a subject line including “Stevens Initiative Web Host RFP.” The proposal should be comprised of the requirements listed below. Applicants can choose how they would like to format their proposals, but each requirement below should be included for a proposal to be considered complete. Teams are limited to one submission. Major components of the proposal should include:
- A proposed statement of work addressing each item in the project description along with anything else that the applicant feels is necessary for the support and maintenance of the website.
- A budget detailing all costs including the hourly rate of the team that corresponds to project deliverables/activities. The Initiative expects proposals with a budget ranging from $1,300 to $2,300 per month.
- Examples/samples of prior work on similar projects.
- Key team member qualifications, including CVs or resumes.
- At least two external references familiar with the individual/team’s work on similar projects.
Applicant Diversity and Inclusion
Following our commitment to principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion, we invite proposals from teams and firms that are led or include significant contributions from individuals who represent communities traditionally underrepresented in similar publications, including women, racial minorities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities, among other traditionally marginalized communities.
Applying and More Information
For more information about the Stevens Initiative or this call for proposals, please see stevensinitiative.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Stevens Initiative will not be able to provide feedback on proposals that are not selected.