Contact: Haili Lewis, Haili.Lewis@aspeninstitute.org
RFP Issue Date: January 6, 2020
Proposal Deadline: January 24, 2020
The Stevens Initiative is an international effort to build global competence for young people in the United States and the Middle East and North Africa by growing and enhancing the field of virtual exchange: online, international, and collaborative learning. The Initiative was created as a lasting tribute to the legacy of Ambassador Chris Stevens. The Initiative advocates for virtual exchange as a means to build global competency skills, including the capacity to work with people from other backgrounds, digital literacy, problem-solving, and language skills. These skills will prepare young people to participate in the global economy. The Initiative aims to increase empathy for people from other backgrounds; to improve engagement; and to reduce conflict for future generations. Virtual exchange can significantly increase these skills and enable attitude shifts in a manner that is cost-effective, scalable, and uniquely capable of reaching populations that are not otherwise reached by in-person exchange programs.
The Initiative is housed at the Aspen Institute and is a collaboration between the family of Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, the U.S. Department of State, the Bezos Family Foundation, the governments of the United Arab Emirates and Morocco, among other public and private partners.
More information about the Stevens Initiative can be found here: www.stevensinitiative.org
Project Goals and Deliverables
- The consultant will increase the Stevens Initiative’s social media following and engagement by designing and implementing a digital marketing campaign. The campaign will target an audience that is interested in the efforts of the Stevens Initiative. The consultant will utilize an existing list of Twitter handles that have followers the Initiative is trying to reach and will supplement that list with their own recommendations. The consultant will also use existing Twitter ad dollars to implement this work.
- The consultant will produce a strategy to promote the Initiative’s content, especially videos and publications, that will lead to a sustained increase in engagement in the long-term. The consultant will provide metrics and insights throughout the duration of the project.
- The consultant will offer insight on how to increase brand awareness and better promote the field of virtual exchange. The consultant will provide recommendations to continue to promote the Initiative’s work on digital platforms most effectively.
- Upon project completion the consultant will create a dashboard summarizing analytics relevant to the work completed.
The proposal should include:
- Your resume and two references, including one past client with a portfolio similar to ours.
- A description of your approach and process to digital marketing.
- Two examples of prior work on similar projects.
- A detailed timeline with specific steps, deliverables, and deadlines for the completion of the project. It should list the amount of time that will be needed for each component of the project, including calls with the Stevens Initiative team.
- A method of measurement of digital marketing efforts.
- A budget detailing all costs, including the costs for each specific deliverable and the method of billing for work.
Applying and More Information
Please submit your proposal to Haili.Lewis@aspeninstitute.org no later than 5:00pm ET on January 24, 2020.