Participants discuss global and social issues in the presence of trained facilitators, engaging in both synchronous (live) and asynchronous exchange. Through facilitated discussions on possibly divisive topics—such as religion, gender, current events, social culture, media, and the environment—participants develop greater global awareness while building critical 21st century skills and attitudes. Learn more.
- Number of Participants: 3,333
- Participant Age Group: Undergraduate/Young Adult
- Partners in the United States: Alabama – Tuskegee University; California – San Jose City College; Colorado – University of Northern Colorado; Florida – Rollins College; Illinois – Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville; Iowa – University of Iowa; Maryland – University of Maryland; Michigan – Northwestern Michigan College; New York – Queens College (City University of New York), Manhattan College (Bronx), State University of New York at Potsdam; North Carolina – Queens University of Charlotte; Texas – University of Texas San Antonio; Washington, DC – American University; West Virginia – Bluefield State College
- Partners in the Middle East and North Africa: Iraq – Soran University, IDebate, Knowledge University; Jordan – Yarmouk University Al-Hayat Center for Civil Society Development, Al-Qantara Center for Human Resources Development; Libya – Misurata University, University of Tripoli, Sebha University, Al Asmaraya University; Morocco – American Language Center in Tangier, American Language Center in Marrakesh, American Language Center in El Jadida, Ibn Zohr University; Palestinian Territories – Al Quds Open University, An-Najah University, Arab American University in Jenin; Tunisia – University of Gabes, University of Sousse, Faculty of Humanities, American Center in Tunis, Institut Sylvo-Pastoral de Tabarka at University of Jendouba, Tunis Business School, American Corner in Sousse
- Project Duration: April 2019 – June 2021
If you are interested in bringing this program to your school or university, complete this form.