Student to World lets youth explore global issues via interactive activities, curated media resources, and stories created by their peers from around the world. Youth explore aspects of their everyday lives and create an action plan to benefit their local and global communities. Learn more.
- Number of Participants: 4,342
- Participant Age Group: Upper Elementary School/Grade 5, Middle School/Grades 6-8 and High School/Grades 9-12
- Partners in the United States: Alabama – University Charter School; California – AltSchool, Citizens of the World, Fortuna Union High School, St. John Bosco High School, Vista Unified School District; Colorado – Girl Scouts of Colorado; Connecticut – CREC Civic Leadership High School, Stonington Middle School, Teachers’ Memorial Global Studies Magnet Middle School; Georgia – Academe of the Oaks; Illinois – Chicago International Charter School, CICS Global Leaders Initiative; Iowa – John F Kennedy High School; Kentucky – Edythe J Hayes Middle School, Greenup County High School, Kentucky Educational Development Corporation (KEDC), Paul G. Blazer High School, Madison Central High School Russell High School; Massachusetts – Boston College High School, Derby Academy, Norwood High School; Michigan – Lakeshore Public Schools; New Jersey – Barnstable Academy, Gill St. Bernard’s School, The Pennington School, The Willow School, Princeton High School; New York – Multicultural High School, Y Roads of East New York (part of YMCA of Greater New York), NIA Community Services Network at PS/IS 192; Pennsylvania – Central Bucks East High School; Texas – Houston Academy for International Studies, KIPP Connect Charter Schools; Utah – Mountain High School; Virginia – Central High School, Saint Agnes School; Washington – OneWorld Now!; Washington, D.C. – Dunbar School; Wisconsin – Plymouth High School
- Partners in the Middle East and North Africa: Iraq – ACCESS Iraq; Jordan – Ibdaa Karak, Jordanian Hashemite Fund for Human Development (JOHUD), Jubilee Institute, Madrasati Jordan, Mashrek International School, Patriarch Theodoros School, Petra National Trust, NAYA Community Network; Libya – Tanmia360; Morocco – Al Araki International School, Moroccan Association of Teachers of English (MATE), Zoubair Bno L’aouam Middle School; Palestinian Territories – Madrasati Palestine; Tunisia – Abou Kacem Chebbi School, Tabarka Azure Wave Center, TESOL Tunisia
- Project Duration: April 2019 to June 2023
Global Nomads Group’s Student to World is a participating program in the Join a Program and Mobilize Youth Participation pathways.
Student to World is implemented by Global Nomads Group and is supported by the J. Christopher Stevens Virtual Exchange Initiative (JCSVEI). JCSVEI is a U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs program administered by the Aspen Institute.