Students in Chicago and Casablanca, Morocco, work together to research and curate artifacts to include in this innovative, online museum. The STEAMuseum’s first exhibit focuses on a popular and timely topic: Morocco is home to the site of one of the most important scientific discoveries of this century – Spinosaurus – an enormous dinosaur that rivals America’s T. Rex and that has been making headlines around the world. This creature offers opportunities to explore and compare ancient worlds that hold important lessons about biodiversity and climate change, topics that are essential to solving today’s environmental crises. The second exhibit is arts-based and complements the content of the first.
- Number of Participants: 240
- Participant Age Group: High School/Grades 9-12
- Partners in the Middle East and North Africa: Neighborhoods Association IDMAJ
- Partners in the United States: Digital Youth Network at DePaul University, Center for Arabic Language and Culture
- Project Duration: 24 Months (January 2016 – December 2017)